Four new titles (Steinberg, Toscanini, Golschmann & Irving)
So, after another long absence, here are a few new offerings:-
William Steinberg & the Pittsburgh. Tchaikovsky's 5th Symphony was omitted from the big EMI Icon box, and Prokofiev's 6-movement "Love of Three Oranges" Suite was missing two movements !
Both from my own LPs, transferred by Alan Bunting.
Tchaikovsky 5th Symphony (Capitol P 8325, rec. 19th April 1955) [14:08, 12:50, 6:11, 12:31]
Prokofiev Love of Three Oranges Suite (Capitol SL 9228, rec. October 1957 [2:50, 3:40, 1:31, 1:22, 3:08, 2:00] Total: 60:18
2. Toscanini & the NBC.
When BMG / RCA issued a big set of all Toscanini's official recordings about 7 years ago (around 80 CDs), some copies, including mine, had two errors. This 1949 Eroica was missed off (and a later one duplicated), while Rossini's "Italian Girl in Algiers" Overture was missing the first two bars. Here, from other RCA issues, are these two recordings.
Tracks 1 - 4: Beethoven: Symphony No. 3. Recorded 29th November and 5th December 1949
Track 5: Rossini: Overture "The Italian Girl in Algiers". Recorded 14th April 1950
3. Vladimir Golschmann & the St. Louis Orchestra. Excerpts from "Swan Lake"
1. Introduction 2. Voyage Of The Swans (violin solo Harry Farbman)
3. Pas De Trois & Dance Of The Swans, Nos. 1 & 2 4. Invitation To A Waltz
5. Dance Of The Swans, No. 3 & Spanish Dance 6. Mazurka 7. Dance Of The Little Swans
8. Entr'acte 9. Pas D'action & Czardas 10. Valse
Total: 38:17 RCA Victor Red Seal E-16028, rec. 9th March 1945.
My copy, transferred by Alan Bunting.
4. Robert Irving & the Philharmonia Orchestra
Tchaikovsky Overture-Fantasy "Hamlet", Dohnanyi Suite in F sharp minor (Philharmonia / Robert Irving) HMV CLP 1043
Another my LPs, transferred by Alan Bunting.